Thursday, November 21, 2013

Interested in Entrepreneurship? I am!



There is certainly something to be said about the allure of beginning an entrepreneurial career. There’s the aspect of being in control, getting to control the direction of your company as well as take the blame for any mistakes. There is the idea of being your own boss and not having to report to anyone except your customers. If you miss a day of work, you do not have to worry about the ever-looming idea that you might get “written up” by your boss. 

For me, the largest motivators for becoming an entrepreneur is the idea that I can choose my own schedule. I have a large family and would love to spend more time with them. Currently, I am working third shift at a manufacturing plant, I sleep all day, and it is currently my only source of income. I plan on creating a series of websites, becoming location independent, and hope to fly toward a future in cereal entrepreneurship.

Now, I can imagine there might be some problems if an entrepreneur were to become obsessed with one of these rewards. They might come to discover that there isn’t nearly as much freedom with running your own business as they had imagined. They can risk becoming overworked and burnt out before they even start to turn a profit. Also, for many people who wish to become entrepreneurs will talk themselves out of even trying because a strong fear of failure keeps them pacified. In my case, I am prepared to invest large amounts of time in the front end of my web businesses with little to no pay off to have the chance at creating huge rewards later. A form of passive income, if you will.

Through a lot of personal development and self-knowledge, fear of failure is no longer an area of concern. In fact, I have learned to embrace failure as part of the process. Hey, I didn’t come out of the womb running, did I? It took practice and LOTS of failure. So far, I have had three websites that didn't work out. They were great ideas, but I didn't know what I was doing. I have learned since then how to build traffic, how to create better content, how to optimize my pages and posts for search engines (SEO). It's been a lot of work, and fun along the way. 

Have you ever had a business idea that was a total bomb?

Daniel Wagner.

No comments:

VigLink badge